Tuesday, May 15, 2018

BEEUTIFUL FOR SASAYAKI GLITTER (WITH VIDEO)

The beginning of a month means a new release at Sasayaki Glitter. I don’t always make videos for the release but when I saw this image I knew I just had to make a card for it.
I started by printing the image, which is called Beeutiful, onto some alcohol marker friendly paper. I then die cut it with a Lawn Fawn Stitched Oval die and began colouring.
I used my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers for the colouring. I used pale skin tones and golden brown shades for the hair. Her dress and shoes I coloured yellow, and I added just a touch of very pale blue to her wings. For the bucket I used browns in different tones than I’d used for her hair.
The honey was a challenge, even though there’s such a small amount. I wasn’t sure what colour combo to use. I asked for advice on the Kit and Clowder Facebook page and also had a play around with colours. I eventually settled on EB1, GY3 and GY1, to which I added a light layer of CT1. This gave the kind of golden-brown tone I was after. I added a little white gel pen for highlighting, too. I used the same colour combination to add my grounding to the image.
Having completed the image I moved on to the rest of the card. I pulled out what I have left from the Love From Lizi March card kit. I used the dies and some of the papers to cut hexagons and played around with tiling them on my card until I was happy with the result. I then adhered them in place with double-sided tape and popped up my focal panel over it with foam tape.
I added my sentiment using the hexagon stickers from the card kit. I partially overlapped my focal panel with them, and added foam tape where they overhung the edge of the panel. Finally I used a Tonic Aqua Shimmer pen to add shine to the wings and honey.
I’m really pleased with this card. The colours work so well together, and the hexagons are just perfect for a bee theme. It really came together perfectly! If you like this card and want to check out the rest of the release you can find them at the Sasayaki Glitter store, here.
Love,